Pageviews last month

Monday, September 21, 2009

Day Back

So I am back from my three day trip in San Diego. I didn’t do too badly with eating while I was there. I think that I stayed at the 2000 calories a day mark (if not lower) for all three days. I was hoping I would be able to get a few workouts in while I was there but I wasn’t able. I did have a taste of some nice greasy fries from El Pollo Loco. They might have been the best thing I tasted all weekend. It’s amazing how good salt and grease taste!

I ate at IHOP one of the days. Apparently in California they now put their calorie content next to each menu item. I was completely horrified! There were very few items under 1000 calories! If I had not seen this, I would have ordered a dish that had a whopping 1500 calories! For their base omelet, which includes just the eggs and cheese (this is before you add any other toppings) it was 890 calories! I could not believe this. Anyways, on the back on the menu they have a light menu! All the items were ranged around 400-500 calories and my dish tasted amazing. I wish that all restaurants, chains and mom and pops, listed calories for their items. It’s also amazing how just a little change cuts large amounts of calories. For example, in the dish I ordered, they traded normal bacon for turkey bacon, eggs for egg substitute, and 2 normal buttermilk pancakes (possible a sugar substitute was used, but they tasted amazing) and it was all only 400 calories! I also wish more places simply offered more substitutes.

For my first day back, I went to the gym and did the elliptical for 60 minutes. Woo hoo! For breakfast I had my oatmeal. For lunch I had 3/4ths a cup of pasta with ½ a cup of marinara sauce (total calories for the meal was 260). Then I had a snack of a Luna bar, around 160 calories. I unexpectedly had to babysit this evening, which messed up my dinner. I had a small bean and cheese burrito and then a small proportion of nachos (both had avocado and tomatoes on them). These were homemade, not from a restaurant. I added the values of the cheese, beans, tortilla and chips and it came to 510 calories. Plus whatever the avocado and tomatoes added. I think overall this was not bad. I was happy because the portion sizes were very small. I also had my hot coco (150 calories).

I stepped on the Wii today and it said I am 232 lbs. I guess this is okay, only a 1lb gain. However, it’s still a tad annoying because I didn’t go crazy in San Diego. What’s a girl to do?

I know tomorrow is going to be a high calorie day. I am making lunch for a friend, and then for dinner I am going out to a nice restaurant because my boyfriend is finally coming home (been gone 2 months)! So I am sure the restaurant and drinks will kill my day. However, I will be at the gym and try to eat a small proportion for lunch. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment