Pageviews last month

Friday, September 11, 2009

The Beginning: Phase I

I’ve decided that I need to make a major change in my life. I’ve made a change before in the past and saw results. However, here I am, once again: 235 pounds. Last time, I was 255. I then lost 60 pounds. I was at 195 for two years. Then back up to 233 and then down to 209. Then a sprained ankle, school, stress and excuse, excuse, excuse and here I am again. In March, I was 245. Now at 235, I am here again. I have lost 10 pounds in the last few months, mainly due to calorie reduction and small amounts of exercise. Yet I want, no need, to see bigger and more permanent results.

So why exactly have I began this blog? I was to chronicle my ups and downs, my obsession (addiction?) with big proportions and food that is high in calories and low in nutrition. This blog might very well never be read by anyone other than my self. However, this will be a place where I can see patterns related to my food intake and simply discuss thoughts/ideas I have related to this. Additionally, it will quite possibly give my self not only reinforcement (be it positive or negative) but motivation. Hopefully, the combination of this and my Wii Fit will assist me in tracking my progress and will result in getting me back down to 195 by this spring. Even further, to 175 and stable by this time next year.

To jump start this, I have been walking, exercising at the gym, or using my Wii 30 minutes a day and reducing my caloric intake. I have begin my oatmeal experiment (I believe diet is a word that inevitably sets one up for failure). Perhaps “oatmeal phase” is a better term. I want to kick start my body into weight loss. Therefore, beginning on the 10th of September I began eating a half cup of Quaker Oats with a tablespoon of brown sugar for both breakfast and for dinner. Lunch has and will consist of something bigger, though hopefully healthy too. Though, when I do decide to eat unhealthy (and I will) it will be for lunch. For example, today I am going to brunch and tomorrow I am having pizza for lunch. Yet Oatmeal will be there with me too. This phase of my project will last until next Friday morning (I leave town for a three day weekend for a wedding).

If anyone is actually reading this, and actually made it this far, you might be thinking “Oh God, another fat chick starting a failed weight loss blog.” This could very well be the case. I am unsure as to what this will turn into. Only time will tell. Yet I hope, if I am successful, I will be able to look back at this blog and be mindful for a future that will hopefully never see me above 200 pounds ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment