Pageviews last month

Monday, December 28, 2009

Back...again...

It's been a while! As you can guess, my diet as hit highs and lows over the holiday season. I did manage to go to the gym twice while I am on vacation. So that helped. The weeks before Christmas I was going to the gym at least 3 times a week. I stepped on the Wii this evening and it said I weighed 226.25 lbs. Which means I gained about 2.7 lbs. Not as bad as Thanksgiving!

I have been unable to get below 223 for 6 or so weeks now. My goal this week is to get under that number! Therefore, I am back to my oatmeal diet. as a refresher, that is when I trade in my breakfast and dinner for a half cup of oatmeal.

For breakfast today I had...oatmeal! (180 calories) For lunch I had an Eating Right entree (280 calories). As a snack I had some cashews (160 calories). For a mid day meal I had another Eating Right entree (230). I know this may seem weird, however, I am trying to get my body used to, again, eating smaller portion sizes. This also helped me to not snack on the junk food at work (i.e. an Eating Right entree has less calories than the red hot cheetos). I then had an apple and more cashews (80 calories for the apple and another 160 for the cashews). I went to the gym and did 15 minutes on the treadmill (130 calories), 30 on this odd type elliptical (330 calories) and 10 on the bike (100 calories) for a total of 560 calories. I put in a lot of effort at the gym today and it felt great (though probably not in the morning...). After the gym I ate a cup of grapes (110 calories). I then had for dinner...oatmeal! I added a third of a cup of yogurt to it and it was super tasty and filling (180 for the oatmeal and 100 for the yogurt).

Wow...I ate/snacked a lot today! I think I need to be more cautious of the cashews. I bought some carrots and fat free ranch as a replacement. The overall calorie total for the day was 1480. This is not as bad as I thought, especially for a gym day. Though I do hope that I can get it down a few hundred calories. I need to beat 223!

SO here's to ANOTHER start...

No comments:

Post a Comment